The Swan Hill Town Hall PACC is committed to ensuring equal access for everyone. Below are some of the things we have in place to assist with this:
- Lift installed for access to the first floor meeting rooms. This lift can accommodate 1 standard size wheelchair/walker/pram etc, plus two additional people. The lift button must be pressed and held to travel.
- Hearing loop installed in the auditorium, which is always switched on. This can be accessed by switching your hearing aid to T-coil.
- Main wheelchair access to the building is via the large front doors on McCallum Street. This access is flat.
- Safe, off-set from the road, drop-off/pick up zone at the front of the building to ensure easy access from vehicles to the entry of the venue. Venue staff can call taxis for patrons who require assistance.
- Allocated wheelchair spaces on the ground floor in the auditorium for shows. These are 2-3 rows back from the stage on the right hand side. There are no wheelchair spaces available in the balcony area, and we would not recommend booking tickets in the upper level if you have any difficulties with stairs.
- Two accessible toilets are available, one located on the ground floor in the foyer area and another located on the first level.
- A stage lift is located in the loading dock for access to the stage area. There is a removable ramp for access through the loading dock door on Beveridge St.
Swan Hill Town Hall PACC supports the Companion Card program, which enables eligible people with lifelong disability to participate at venues and activities without incurring the cost of a second ticket for their companion. Companion cards are accepted for all ticketed shows at the Town Hall.
A number of the touring performing arts shows booked into the Town Hall provide the option for Auslan interpreter services. Auslan is the Australian sign language for people who are Deaf. Please contact the Town Hall if you would like some additional information about shows where this option is available.
If you require any further information regarding accessibility at the Swan Hill Town Hall please contact us.